WHAT TO DONATE
An orthosis is a device designed to correct a deficiency in alignment, maintain or increase range of motion, or prevent or correct certain anatomical deformities. Orthoses for Others accepts orthotic devices that are in good working condition. Devices must be usable, without any jagged tears or holes. Please include a completed Donation Form with your shipment.
What medical conditions could necessitate the need for orthoses?
- Neurological or neuromuscular problems
- Developmental delay
- Cerebral palsy
- Spina bifida
- Down Syndrome
- Muscular dystrophy
- Post polio
- Head and spinal cord injuries
What are some sample orthotic devices?
- Ankle-Foot Orthosis (AFO)
- Cranial Helmet
- Hip-Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthosis (HKAFO)
- Hip Orthosis (HO)
- Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthosis (KAFO)
- Knee Orthosis (KO)
- Lumbosacral Orthosis (LSO)
- Thoracolumbar-Sacral Orthosis (TLSO)
- Wrist-Hand Orthosis (WHO)
Please download the COTA Donation Form or the VIDA Donation Form to include in your shipment.